The official LEGO Star Wars magazine has been coming through with some really top-tier characters lately, giving us rare and desirable minifigures of the Mandalorian Loyalist, Bo-Katan Kryze and a 212th Clone Trooper, to name just a few. Anticipation for each issue’s freebie has subsequently gone stratospheric, just in case the LEGO Group throws another must-have Star Wars bone our way.
There’s something of the sort in Issue 95, which gives us the same Obi-Wan Kenobi minifigure originally included in 75333 Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Jedi Starfighter. That issue will arrive in stores in the UK in May, but has already started to appear in Europe – and the inside back page has confirmed what’s on the way in Issue 96. If you’re hoping for another minifigure… well, adjust expectations accordingly.
Instagram user papas_legostarwars has published images of Issue 95 in hand, confirming that Issue 96 will include a free miniature Y-wing model. Built from 61 elements, the rebel starfighter has had plenty of representation in LEGO bricks to date – from regular playsets and Microfighters to existing mini models and even two separate Ultimate Collector Series sets.
This particular Y-wing could be well-timed, though, as a slight nod to a rumoured LEGO Star Wars summer 2023 set. 75365 Yavin IV Rebel Base is said to include a Microfighter-sized Y-wing in the box, which would be a bit bigger than this freebie – Microfighters typically have space for a minifigure – but if you want another model to bulk out the base, Issue 96 could be worth grabbing.
That’s if 75365 Yavin IV Rebel Base ever becomes a reality, of course. For the moment, it’s just a rumour – but Issue 96 of the LEGO Star Wars magazine will definitely include a Y-wing. The current issue of the LEGO Star Wars magazine in the UK comes with a tiny X-wing Starfighter, along with a bonus freebie (your mileage may vary on that one).
Featured image: papas_legostarwars
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO using our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed