Pretty much all sizes are available across the board for the Adidas Originals LEGO Superstar, which has just launched at Adidas.co.uk and Adidas.com. It’s the wearable version of the recently-released 10282 Adidas Originals Superstar, which was originally revealed at the same time as the real-life shoe.
That means it matches the buildable version in colour and style, but makes heavier use of studs to sell its LEGO branding. The famous rubberised shell toe, sleek triple stripe and black heel tab are all textured to resemble the surface of LEGO bricks, which could sound overbearing, but actually comes in as probably the most subtle of the LEGO x Adidas shoes yet.
That’s mainly thanks to its muted colour scheme, where previous sneakers – like the ZX 8000 range – have mostly dropped in bright, primary colours. Those did sell out much faster than the Adidas Originals LEGO Superstar, though, which suggests either LEGO fans love colour (not an unreasonable assumption), or Adidas has simply produced these latest sneakers in greater quantities.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then. You can follow me on Twitter at @brfa_chris.
- August 2023 sets30/09/2023LEGO Marvel 76261 Spider-Man Final Battle review
- News28/09/2023LEGO explains why Captain Rex doesn’t have a fabric kama in the UCS Venator
- Features21/09/2023Every LEGO Star Wars prequel-era UCS set, ranked
- Best Deal21/09/2023LEGO-fy your wall with 25% off 31208 Hokusai – The Great Wave