In line with the LEGO Star Wars Helmet Collection, this is literally just Bruce Wayne’s headgear. But unlike those buckets, Batman’s mask doesn’t cover his entire head – which means we’re left with transparent bricks to fill in where the Caped Crusader’s face would usually appear.
You’ll have to decide for yourself how effective that design choice has been, but French LEGO Fan Media Hoth Bricks – which has received and reviewed an early copy of the set – doesn’t care much for the set as a whole. “This Batman mask is not a complete failure, there are some good ideas, but the finish is far from convincing in my opinion,” writes Will (courtesy of Google Translate).
You can check out the full (mostly unfavourable) review over at Hoth Bricks. If you’re still keen to pick it up for yourself, the 410-piece 76182 Batman Cowl will launch alongside Marvel’s 76187 Venom and the two new Star Wars helmets – 75304 Darth Vader Helmet and 75305 Scout Trooper Helmet – on April 26, for £54.99 / $59.99 / €59.99.
That’s just after the current double VIP points promo ends, so if you’ve got anything on your shopping list that’s available now, you’re better off making two separate orders. Happily, 76182 Batman Cowl alone will still net you free delivery later this month.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed