Great Western Brick Show starts today
The Great Western Brick Show held annually at the STEAM museum in Swindon starts today and last all weekend. The event is very popular with builders from LUGS up and down the UK displaying or in attendence it is a must attend event for most AFOLS. They organisers advise you book tickets it advance. Ticket prices in advance are £14 for adult and £12 for child with family tickets also on sale. Are you attending?
Here is the official event blurb:
“The display will be held at STEAM – Museum of the Great Western Railway in Swindon on 3rd and 4th October 2015. We’re planning some amazing new displays as well as all the usual activities for all the family to enjoy and participate in. All models on display are built by LUG members, making it one of the the largest display of LEGO fan models from the UK.”
“Doors open at 10am and the show closes at 5pm. Last admission is at 4.30pm.”
“There will be plenty to see and do, making it a fabulous day out for all the family:
- Lots of models of all sizes built by LEGO fans such as railway layouts, buildings, space craft, cars, trucks, aircraft and much more
- Interactive Building – help create an all-new giant LEGO mosaic from 100,000 bricks!
- Building Workshops – enjoy short presentations by LEGO experts on the latest LEGO news and building techniques as well as some fascinating insights into the history of LEGO and the bricks.
- Visit the LEGO Shop and other independent LEGO traders for some great deals on some exclusive LEGO sets not available on the high street
- LEGO play tables for the children (and sofas for the adults!)
- Competitions – win LEGO prizes
- Brick Cafe – to keep you refreshed in first class style.
- all the regular displays and exhibits telling the remarkable story of the men and women who built, operated and travelled on the Great Western Railway.
“One entrance ticket covers access to the LEGO model show as well as the museum itself and the displays and exhibits of the Great Western Railway.”