A new video contest has been launched on Rebrick asking participants to show them the baddest villain in LEGO NINJAGO – either featuring a villain of your own creation, or one of the existing NINJAGO villains.
Here is the contest description:
Have you ever wanted to immerse yourself in a fun, action-packed ninja universe? Now is your chance to dive into the adventurous NINJAGO world and explore the greatest villains. We invite you to make a max. 1 minute stop-motion video with the theme “the greatest villain of all time in NINJAGO.” Create a story around existing NINJAGO bad guys or build your own super villain(s). We encourage you to be creative and original and show your twist on the NINJAGO universe.
Submit your entry no later than August 11th 2016 at 10:00AM CET. If you’re not sure what time zone you’re in here’s a time zone converter.
Here are a few notes to help you get an overall understanding of the NINJAGO universe, and help set the stage for the NINJAGO look and feel for your video:
Action that characterizes NINJAGO:
- Lots of ninja weapons, but no guns
- Fighting scenes and close-up fighting sequences
- Spinjitzu animations
- Many different bad guys. Some recurring themes are snakes, skeletons and ghosts
Builds that characterize NINJAGO:
- Asian inspired buildings and ornamentation with ninja weapons built in
- Gold elements
- Bonsai trees
- Asian inspired cars, motorcycles and other cool vehicle
- Elemental powers
- Ninja moments
- Ninja action
How to enter:
- Create your video
- Upload your video to a video hosting site of your choice and copy the URL to your video in the URL field on the entry page on LEGO Rebrick (all submission entries with video entries previously have been corrected)
- Take up to five screenshots from your video and upload them on the entry page on LEGO Rebrick
- Use the description field to tell us a bit about your video– then hit submit
- When you receive a “Success!” pop-up notification after clicking “submit”, your entry has successfully been submitted.
- Our moderation team will review it within 1-3 working days to make sure it fits all the contest rules
- Share your entry directly from LEGO Rebrick to your social media channels with #LEGONINJAGOgreatestvillain (this is not a requirement for entry)
A panel of lead ninjas from the NINJAGO team will select 6 semi-finalists. They will judge entries upon:
- NINJAGO action and humor in the video (33%)
- Overall NINJAGO look and feel (33%)
- Overall coolness and originality of story and builds in the video (33%)
The judges are:
- Toby Dutkiewicz, Senior Art Director, LEGO NINJAGO
- Gabe Huffstutler, Digital Experience Manager, LEGO NINJAGO
- Brian Nielsen, Senior Designer, LEGO NINJAGO
- Klaus S. Lykke, Senior Marketing Manager, LEGO NINJAGO
- Torben Leth-Nissen, Digital Marketing Manager, LEGO NINJAGO
The 6 semi-finalists will be shared on LEGO.com/NINJAGO where the videos will be voted for in the form of “likes”. The videos will be ranked based on likes and the video with the most votes will be the grand prize winner.