The first run of LEGO FORMA sets, that has required fans to pay upfront on Indiegogo, has sold out.
Just days before the campaign is due to end, LEGO FORMA has sold out. According to the campaign page at Indiegogo, all of the products are now out of stock. Sales have been significantly better in the USA than the UK, with around three times as many sets sold.
Fans were required to pay up front to support the product and guarantee one of the first run sets in the theme. The LEGO Group opted to use Indiegogo for the campaign in order to reach a broader audience beyond already engaged LEGO fans.
Here are the stats showing how many sets have been sold over the past 40 days:
- LEGO FORMA Super Box (all four sets, UK) – 950
- 81000 Koi Model (UK) – 535
- 81001 Shark Skin (UK) – 75
- 81002 Splash Koi Skin (UK) – 35
- 81003 Ink Koi Skin (UK) – 15
- LEGO FORMA Super Box (all four sets, US) – 2845
- 81000 Koi Model (US) – 1575
- 81001 Shark Skin (US) – 220
- 81002 Splash Koi Skin (US) – 110
- 81003 Ink Koi Skin (US) – 145
The products will be delivered between January and March 2019 to those who have supported the campaign.