You’ll find the images over at LEGO.com’s Harry Potter section, along with the set’s building instructions. That means you can put it together yourself ahead of any future availability, but you won’t be able to add the stickers for its eyes and title.
30628 The Monster Book of Monsters is currently available as a gift-with-purchase at Shanghai’s LEGOLAND Discovery Centre. There’s no word yet on when it will come to UK or US shores, but it probably won’t be this month, as there was no mention of the promo on November’s LEGO Store calendar.
Now the instructions are online, though, we probably won’t have to wait too much longer. And that means we’ll soon be able to try out its brilliant snapping mouth feature for ourselves. Check out the clip below to see it in action.
The boxed 30628 The Monster Book of Monsters also includes a non-exclusive minifigure of Draco Malfoy in his Hogwarts uniform. You’ll likely need to buy LEGO Harry Potter sets to qualify for the promo when it does go live, but there’s plenty to choose from, including the newly-launched 75978 Diagon Alley.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed