The first set from the LEGO Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme, 75904 Hogwarts Great Hall, has been unveiled twice – via a press release and at New York Toy Fair – and the two versions are different.
LEGO Harry Potter 75904 Hogwarts Great Hall was announced in a press release from the LEGO Group, and is also on display at New York Toy Fair. It is interesting to note that the two models are different, with the version on display at the show including different bricks to the one in the official press images.
Here are the key differences picked up by Brick Fanatics:
- The tower on the right of the set has an additional column in the right hand image. It is quite crudely built, and is completely absent from the left hand image. Above the tower’s door, there is an extra brick below the spire in the right hand image. The stickers on the curved wall elements are also absent in the right hand version.
- Around the main doors, the small walls are built completely differently. In the left hand image, single stud bricks support the grey tiles. In the right hand image, 1×3 white arch elements are also part of the small wall.
- An extra small tower, to the left of the main door, can be seen in the right hand image but is not seen in the left hand image.
- The cross above the main entrance is missing in the right hand image.
- The spires on the left hand image are tan, in the right hand image they are black.
- Numerous tan pieces are grey in the right hand image, such as the top of the window arches.
- The stone elements around the base of the wall are arranged differently in each image.
- There is an entire extra level of bricks in the right hand image at the bottom of the build, whereas the left hand image shows a set built on flat plates.
Why the differences? The most likely explanation is that the right hand image, the version of 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall on display at New York Toy Fair, is a ‘non-final’ model. Often, during previews, the LEGO Group does not have a finished model to display so uses the closest version available. The key clues suggesting that this is an unfinished model, beyond the differences demonstrated, are the lack of stickers and lack of bespoke elements. So of the two different versions of 75904 Hogwarts Great Hall, the one in the clean press image is the one that best reflects the set that will be released in August.