The next D2C Exclusive, Creator Expert Volkswagen Beetle, has been officially announced The product page should plan to go up as “Coming Soon” on shop.LEGO.com by EOD Wednesday, June 15th. VIP Early Access for this item starts on July 14th with a launch date of August 1st. Here is the press release and product images:
10252 Volkswagen Beetle
Ages 16+. 1,167 pieces.
US $99.99 – CA $129.99 – DE 89.99€ – UK £69.99 – DK 799.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Head for the beach with the VW Beetle!
Celebrate the iconic VW Beetle with this awesome LEGO® Creator Expert reproduction. This detailed model comprises a number of special features and elements that help recreate the distinctive Beetle characteristics, including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, flat windshield, VW logo, and an authentic 4-cylinder air-cooled engine and fuel tank. The accessible interior features beige-colored, forward-tilting seats, dashboard and steering wheel, and the roof-mounted surfboard and a cooler box can be removed. This model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience with a touch of nostalgia.
- 1960s VW Beetle with surfer theme features an array of brick-built details including an azure-blue color scheme, curved fenders, white rims with distinctive hubcaps, round headlights, wing-mounted turn signals and opening hood, trunk and doors.
- Use the included stickers to choose 1 of 4 license plates.
- Remove the cooler box and surfboard from the roof rails.
- Tilt the rear seat forward to access the storage space with fabric beach towel.
- Lift the hood to access the spare tire and fuel tank.
- Open the trunk to reveal the authentic, 4-cylinder air-cooled engine.
- Open the doors or remove the roof section to access the detailed beige-colored interior with dashboard, steering wheel and tiltable front and back seats.
- Special elements include a round tile with printed VW logo, arched fender elements and an updated windshield design.
- VW Beetle including surfboard and cooler measures over 11” (15cm) high, 10” (29cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide