Brick Fanatics is looking for your best LEGO MINDSTORMS robot concepts, with three copies of the brand new 51515 Robot Inventor set up for grabs for our judge’s favourites.
Please note that this competition is only open to UK residents aged 10 years old and over (AFOL entries are encouraged!). Prizes can only be dispatched to UK addresses.
A new generation of LEGO MINDSTORMS is on the way, with 51515 Robot Inventor set to take the robotics platform to the next level. The LEGO Group has teamed up with Brick Fanatics to offer three creative winners the brand new MINDSTORMS set.
What you need to do
To be in with a chance of winning the next generation of MINDSTORMS, Brick Fanatics wants to hear what your dream LEGO MINDSTORMS robot would do. Would it sort your bricks for you? Would it build your LEGO sets for you? Would it do something much more useful or imaginative than our LEGO-based suggestions?
We want to hear what your robot would do, ideas on how it would do it and how the LEGO-ness of it might help. Be creative, be inventive, be weird!
You are welcome to communicate your concept in words, draw something to show it, explain in a video or even use LEGO bricks to illustrate it.
The entries will be judged by Senior Design Manager Dan Meehan, who is one of the LEGO experts behind the new generation of MINDSTORMS.
How to enter
- Explain what your dream LEGO MINDSTORMS will do – remember, you can share your idea in words, draw something to show it, explain in a video or even use LEGO bricks to illustrate it.
- Include your entry along with your name, age, postal address and a contact phone number.
- Email your idea and details to [email protected], with the subject header ‘MINDSTORMS COMPETITION’. The email used to enter will be the email used for any correspondence.
Only enter once – multiple entries will be disqualified!
Entries must be received by 23.59pm October 25 2020 BST.
BRICKS FANATICS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The promoter is Brick Fanatics, Tiro Media Ltd.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 10 years or over except employees of Brick Fanatics and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter can be found at BrickFanatics.com
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date and time 23.59pm October 25 2020 BST. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, pandemic, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by the named judge, Senior LEGO Mindstorms Design Manager Dan Meehan, or someone else with similar expertise if that person is no longer available. The Potential Winners entries will be evaluated evaluated according to the level of original creativity and innovate design.
- The winner will be notified by email within 10 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 5 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name, image and entry in any publicity material from both Brick Fanatics as well we The LEGO Group. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. Winners will be required, if possible, to share images and or video assets of their Mindstorms creation brought to life following completion of building the set.
- The winning names will be published at BrickFanatics.com within 28 days of the competition closing.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including without limitation, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights infringement.
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libellous.
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state or province where Submission is created.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group. © 2020 The LEGO Group.