Rebel Builder’s minifigure-scale AT-M6 walker (or 75189 First Order Heavy Assault Walker) stands an impressive 33 inches tall, and looks just as menacing in bricks as it did striding across the salt plains of Crait in Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
It’s also captured the attention of the production designer responsible for the concept of the ‘Gorilla Walker’, Kevin Jenkins, who described it as a ‘fantastic recreation’ – and pointed it in the direction of Rian Johnson, who helmed the middle chapter in the Star Wars sequel trilogy.
Rian was equally wowed by the massive model, tweeting: “Amazing. I want one.”
“Thank you sir!” Rebel Builder responded. “You are probably the one guy (or [Kevin Jenkins]) that could get me to build another one. I’m honoured that you would take the time to check it out, and thank you for deciding The Last Jedi needed a new walker!”
You can take a closer look at the AT-M6 – and how it stacks up next to the official LEGO version, which looks positively pint-sized standing alongside it – by hitting play on the video above.
Rian isn’t the only Star Wars alumni to make LEGO headlines this month, as Luke Skywalker actor Mark Hamill has also reacted to a decidedly more morbid build.
Featured image: Rebel Builder
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed