A 3rd project has hit 10,000 supporters and qualifies for the Second 2016 Review Stage, now joining Voltron – Defender of the Universe and Spaceballs – Eagle 5. The project by afol777 is The Addams Family Mansion and is based on the mansion from the original 60s show. It’s a massive project and we all know what generally happens to big Ideas…..
Anyway here is the project’s description:
From the 1964-66 TV sitcom “The Addams Family”, this is the Mansion and family! The project is an “end of series” anniversary tribute to the last new episode aired on April 8, 1966 – 50 years ago!
The Addams Family was a group of fictional characters created by American cartoonist Charles Addams includes Gomez, Morticia, Uncle Fester, Lurch, Grandmama, Wednesday, Pugsley and Thing. They lived in this Mansion at 001 Cemetery Lane.
- 3 floor Mansion, each floor is a removable segment
- Sits on two 15”x10” base plates (for a total of 3,072 studs)
- The Mansion separates into two halves through the center
- A full glass greenhouse out back
- All original Lego pieces with no modifications
- All floors are covered in tiles and “carpet” tiles
- All ceilings are covered in inverted tiles
- The Mansion is 22” high
- The entire build is comprised of 7,200 pieces
Look for these special characters and details:
- Tish relaxing in her large rattan chair, with her black fan
- Gomez practicing fencing in the living room
- Lurch and his harpsichord
- Beware of Thing…delivering mail from his table
- Cleopatra, the meat eating plant and others in the greenhouse
- Kitty Kat the lion, by the grand staircase
- The tall stuffed polar bear watching over all the proceedings
- The NYSE stock market ticker tape machine
- Call for Lurch… with a black rope noose butler bell call
- Suit of Armor – who is hiding inside?
- Massive fireplace, with a moose head on the mantle
- Have a rest on the bed of nails!
- Grandmama and Uncle Fester with his light bulb and dynamite
- Cigar Store Indian watching over Pugsley and Wednesday
- Back upper porch, with cannon, cannon balls and a catapult
- Backyard cemetery, with unknown inhabitants
- Attic spider web
- Family automobile
- Special guests include bats, owls, spiders, snakes, and parrots