42120 Rescue Hovercraft is comprised of 457 elements, and will retail for £29.99 / $29.99 / €29.99, while 42121 Heavy–Duty Excavator contains 569 pieces for £34.99 / $39.99 / €39.99.
In previous years, both of these models might have released in January, alongside other Technic sets including 42122 Jeep Wrangler and 42125 Ferrari 488 GTE AF CORSE #51. But the LEGO Group has changed things up for 2021, splitting early waves into January and March launch windows for Technic, Star Wars, Marvel, Friends and more.
That means you can still expect a flagship Technic set later this summer, at least if rumours (and prior release patterns) are to be believed. But these two smaller sets should still fill a hole for Technic fans who perhaps don’t have the budget or space to display a huge CAT D11T Bulldozer or Mercedes-Benz Zetros.
Both 42120 Rescue Hovercraft and 42121 Heavy–Duty Excavator will launch on March 1. You can support the work that Brick Fanatics does by ordering them (when the time comes) using our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed