The latest episode of the Bits N’ Bricks podcast dives into the relationship between the LEGO minifigure and video games.
Hosts Brian Crecente and Ethan Vincent have spoken to LEGO Senior Design Manager Tara Wike for what’s now the eighth episode in the series. Tara has worked on the Collectible Minifigures theme since it launched in 2010, so she’s well-placed to chat all things minifigures.
Bits N’ Bricks is first and foremost intended to celebrate 25 years of LEGO video games, though, so the focus is mainly on how these plastic people have evolved in the digital world – and in turn, how video games have influenced the physical characters.
You can listen to the 43-minute episode through the official LEGO Gaming YouTube channel by hitting play on the video above, or by streaming it through your preferred podcasting platform.
Last week’s episode featured an illuminating conversation with Elena Catón about the way girls interact with video games, before touching on the long-forgotten LEGO Friends game from 1999 (more than a decade before the LEGO theme of the same name).
These two episodes weren’t mentioned in the original press release for Bits N’ Bricks, so it’s really anyone’s guess what the next episode will focus on. Going by the original list, it should be the history of TT Games, but it could easily be another one-off ‘conversation’-oriented episode. We’ll let you know next week.
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO through one of our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed