Brick Fanatics is on the lookout for the next top LEGO writing talent to join its team in an exciting and initially part-time, paid role.
As the website continues to expand its audience and content, we are on the lookout for the right person to join the news-writing team in a paid position, working four evenings across each week, for a minimum of eight hours per week, but with flexibility for more.
In addition, for the right candidate the role will also include further timetabled hours for social media management and work on a not-yet-public LEGO media project. Salary is competitive and disclosed upon point of application. We are looking for someone UK-based.
The ideal candidate will have qualifications and/or experience in the field of journalism, writing or similar, as well as – of course – a deep passion for all things LEGO. Your collection doesn’t have to be all that, but you need to know your Exo-Force from your NINJAGO, your casual fan from your AFOL, and your LEGO from your LEGO Group.
Brick Fanatics has established itself as one of the leading providers of news, reviews and feature coverage on all things LEGO, with high editorial standards and a reputation for accuracy and insight. A passion for this, a love of the English language, a professional drive, an ambition to develop new and potentially cross-platform skills, and a flair for creativity are things we’d love to see, but really, we’d also just settle for someone reliable who has found that happy balance in their life between convincing themselves it’s not too much LEGO, and knowing that everyone telling them otherwise is just wrong.
Reliability and professionalism are important, because even though it seems like we are a group of adults who sit around all day playing with LEGO, we’re actually a group of adults who sit around all day playing with LEGO, reliably and professionally. It is a fun job that is incomparable to much else out there, but is still a job that requires dedication and passion.
Hours are part-time but, in the hands of the right person, the role has real potential to grow further down the line, depending on individual and site development. You will need full availability for the hours requested of you, and these will include working weekends.
To apply, please send to [email protected] a complete CV, examples of your writing and a cover note telling us a bit about yourself and why you are perfect for this role. The application process includes an interview and a writing exercise.
Applications will close October 1 – any that come in after this date won’t be considered.
– Minimum eight hours per week news-writing for Brick Fanatics, but with flexibility to increase
– News-writing based in the evening and at weekends
– Further timetabled hours through the working week in social media management and project-based work
– Freelance position, UK-based
– Qualifications and/or experience in journalism
– Strong news sense
– Good knowledge and experience of all things LEGO
– Social media management experience/qualifications
– Marketing experience/qualifications
– Flexible availability as role develops
– Send CV, examples of writing and a cover note to [email protected]
– Application process includes an interview and writing exercise
– Applications close October 1