Word on the street is that NEXO KNIGHTS may be on the way out this year. Blocks magazine reported in the latest issue’s “rumour mill” section that the Big Bang theme is being cancelled, with the summer sets potentially not even seeing the light of day on shelves.
The rumour was corroborated earlier this week over on Eurobricks by reliable informant Sir von Lego, adding some extra weight to what may be terrible news for some. Clearly, if the theme does end up on the cutting room floor, however, it will be good news for a greater percentage of LEGO fans. (Otherwise, it wouldn’t have been cancelled, after all.)
Of course, there’s no confirmation from the LEGO Group, and there likely won’t be, either. Instead, we’ll just have to see whether the summer sets do see a release – be it wide, limited or not at all – and then, whether 2018 brings a third year of content, or the line comes to a sudden halt.
You can help support Brick Fanatics’ work by using our affiliate links. Don’t forget that it is triple VIP points on purchases for a limited time only.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed