Amazon has reduced LEGO MINDSTORMS 51515 Robot Inventor, bringing the recently released set down from £329.99 to just £246.99. The set is a new platform that offers an accessible way to start building sophisticated LEGO robots.
51515 Robot Inventor offers five different designs for fans to build, which can them be programmed via the MINDSTORMS Robot Inventor app. Beyond the five models with instructions, there are coding challenges to complete that will require users to apply the skills they have learned through the process. Drag-and-drop coding teaches the process, with Python included for advanced coders.
Five robot models can be built with the set. Here is how the LEGO Group describes each model:
- Blast – this master robot is a stoic action hero. It can fire or hammer its way through obstacles and grab items. Builders can be the ultimate commanders, programming it to scan its environment and fire darts if it senses danger. Perfect for guarding your room!
- Charlie – this quirky sidekick helper can give out high fives, dance, play the drums, deliver small gifts, and charm friends with its smile.
- Tricky – the sporty bot is the ultimate athlete. Code it to complete the perfect slam dunk or master a plethora of robot sports: basketball, bowling or soccer – the list goes on and on.
- Gelo – a real life four-legged robot. Its unique mechanism means it can walk, avoid obstacles, and even perform tricks.
- M.V.P. – The Modular Vehicle Platform gets the job done. Create and code your own remote control and build the M.V.P. into a buggy, a crane, a shooter turret or even a brick-eating truck to pick up LEGO bricks left by the other robots.
Graham was the BrickFanatics.com Editor up until November 2020. He has plenty of experience working on LEGO related projects. He has contributed to various websites and publications on topics including niche hobbies, the toy industry and education.
Follw Graham on Twitter @grahamh100.