40602 Winter Market Stall is scheduled to be available from November 18 to 19 (or while stocks last) with purchases of £150 / $170 / €170 or more. At 271 pieces, it’s a decently-sized LEGO gift-with-purchase including two minifigures, the stall and a couple of side builds. However, it’s unlikely to be the highlight of the annual gifts-with-purchase this LEGO Insiders Weekend.
Despite its average piece count for LEGO GWPs, it’s surprisingly sizeable – thanks in no small part to the considerable amount of empty space inside, which makes sense for a market stall and plays to the model’s strengths. The build is adequately festive overall but versatile enough to be a central stall in a more generic winter market display. Market stalls aren’t entirely uncommon in the world of LEGO, but it’s rare that we get one quite as big as this.
The stall is a simple build, though its roof uses some interesting techniques to keep the slopes secure and hide all unnecessary details. This stall is designed as one selling toys, but the products are removable to place whatever stock you desire on the shelves. The toy builds are less straightforward, using clever techniques to depict details on such a small scale.
There’s a good amount of room inside the stall, easily fitting one or two minifigures. The two included minifigures are as simple as the set but fulfil their purpose as a customer and a stall owner without issue. Fairly intricate details are packed within the build, giving it a gingerbread-esque appearance, or one generally befitting of winter. It looks great on display and doesn’t take up an overwhelming amount of space either, fitting neatly on a desk for a small but festive decoration.
No-one is going to be displeased with 40602 Winter Market Stall but it’s not overly impressive compared to other LEGO Black Friday 2023 and LEGO Insiders Weekend offerings. Yet while it stands as a perfectly adequate LEGO set, it’s easily the best market stall model we’ve ever seen – in case you’ve been looking for one. For those who have one or more Winter Village models, 40602 Winter Market Stall will be right at home.
LEGO Creator 40602 Winter Market Stall is scheduled to be available from November 18 to 19 with purchases of £150 / $170 / €170 or more as one of a couple of gifts-with-purchase launching for Black Friday and LEGO Insiders Weekend.
This set was provided for review by the LEGO Group.
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO through one of our affiliate links – we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you and it directly funds the work that we do, thank you. Plus, stay across all the best LEGO deals with our dedicated page throughout Black Friday.
- LEGO has been a part of my life ever since I was young. It all started when my brother passed down 7657 AT-ST to me. It’s guided me through my early years, through school and eventually through my degree in journalism. I still have all my collection proudly on display, including my many NINJAGO sets, my favourite of all the LEGO Group’s themes. Outside of Brick Fanatics I am an avid gamer and enjoy a good game of Dungeons & Dragons.
- January 2024 sets07/12/2023LEGO Minecraft 21256 The Frog House review
- Best Deal05/12/2023Huge LEGO Ideas set with an equally huge saving at Amazon
- Features05/12/2023The return of Super Battle Droids is a huge deal for LEGO Star Wars
- January 2024 sets05/12/2023LEGO NINJAGO, Collectible Minifigures and more 2024 prices confirmed