As is customary by this point, the LEGO Group will be celebrating Star Wars Day this year with a multi-day extravaganza of new sets and free gifts, headlined by the launch of 75341 Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder. It’s been on the cards for a while, first rumoured all the way back in September 2021, but now it’s finally here – with a brilliant C-3PO minifigure in tow.
Picking up the newly-revealed UCS set will net you all three of this year’s freebies in one fell swoop, provided stock is still available when you come to place your order. Here’s a quick rundown of everything you need to know about May the Fourth in 2022, followed by a detailed breakdown of each new set, free gift and deal:
May the Fourth 2022 – May 1-8
- 75341 Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder available from May 1 for VIPs, May 4 for everyone
- 40531 Lars Family Homestead Kitchen free with Star Wars orders above £160 / $160 / €160
- 5007403 The Mandalorian Beskar Keyring free with Star Wars orders above £70 / $70 / €70 (VIPs only)
- 30495 AT-ST free with Star Wars orders above £40 / $40 / €40
- Double VIP points on selected LEGO Star Wars sets
- VIP Sweepstake for LEGO sets and a book signed by C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels
75341 Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder
Launching exclusively for VIP members on May 1 is 75341 Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder – perfect if you’re itching for a new UCS set to buy to snag this year’s free gifts. You’ll need to spend £174.99 / $199.99 / €199.99 to bring it home, and for your money you’ll get 1,890 pieces and two minifigures, including Luke Skywalker and C-3PO.
40531 Lars Homestead Family Kitchen
2022’s headline May the Fourth gift-with-purchase recreates a small section of the Lars Homestead for the first time in bricks, and also gives us our first-ever LEGO Aunt Beru minifigure. You’ll be able to bag 40531 Lars Family Homestead Kitchen with orders of LEGO Star Wars products above £160 / $160 / €160, from May 1 through May 8 (or while stocks last).
5007403 The Mandalorian Beskar Keyring
A non-LEGO gift that still looks pretty desirable, this exclusive keyring comes in a presentation box and is engraved with the LEGO and Star Wars logos on the reverse. It’s yours with all purchases of at least £70 / $70 / €70 specifically on LEGO Star Wars sets, available while stocks last (or until May 8, but there’s a good chance it’ll sell out before then).
This miniature rendition of January’s 75322 Hoth AT-ST is a charming little polybag build, and the May the Fourth gift that requires the smallest spend at £40 / $40 / €40. Once again, that’s exclusively on LEGO Star Wars merchandise, and it stacks with the other offers – so spending at least £160 / $160 / €160 will return three free gifts. Not too shabby.
Double VIP points
In previous years, the LEGO Group has implemented double VIP points across all Star Wars sets for May the Fourth, but this year that offer will only be available across selected products. Exactly which sets will get the honour of double VIP has yet to be revealed, but fingers crossed some of the more expensive exclusives will be in there. And maybe the Landspeeder…?
If you’ve got VIP points to burn – maybe from buying selected LEGO Star Wars sets across May the Fourth, natch – you can spend them on trying to win 75271 Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder (the smaller one), 75257 Millennium Falcon and a copy of Anthony Daniels’ book ‘I Am C-3PO – The Inside Story’, all signed by the man himself.
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO using our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- Latest09/12/2023Every LEGO Star Wars set retiring in 2024 and beyond – December update
- 2023 in review09/12/2023Brick Fanatics’ top 10 LEGO sets of 2023
- Best Deal09/12/2023Magical discount on the most recent LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle model
- Features08/12/2023Seven retiring LEGO sets to buy with double points (while you still can)