As part of the 60th anniversary of the LEGO brick celebrations, eBay has shared some interesting statistics about just how popular the brick is.
eBay.co.uk has shared some fun statistics about how many LEGO items the auction website sells, showing that the passion for the brick stretches way beyond AFOLs.
- Last week, there were 20,000 searches for ‘LEGO’ – that is the equivalent of one search every 30 seconds.
- In 2018 so far, eBay users have already searched for ‘LEGO’ over 1,160,000 times.
- Last year, LEGO products were the third most desired on eBay, behind iPhones and Fidget Spinners.
- 4.4 million searches were made for ‘LEGO’ last year.
- Since the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, a LEGO Star Wars item has sold every minute.
All of these figures apply to eBay’s UK website, one of the many marketplace websites that fans scour to find retired LEGO sets.