Initial word of the enormous bulldozer first arrived back in December 2020, but it’s been all quiet on the Technic flagship front since then. Promobricks now reports that the dozer will indeed arrive later this year, and has detailed the rumoured set’s price, piece count and specific release date.
According to Promobricks, 42131 CAT D11T Bulldozer will consist of 3,854 pieces, and carry a not-insignificant price tag of €449.99. That’s on a par with the originally-rumoured RRP, and equivalent to 2019’s 42100 Liebherr R 9800 – currently the biggest and most expensive Technic set ever released.
It will reportedly carry the size to justify that price tag, too, coming in at roughly 40cm wide and 48cm long. And – no prizes for guessing this one – it’s allegedly going to be packed with functions anchored around CONTROL+, including the ability to individually operate its loading bucket, ripper and tracks.
The same source also suggests that the model will fall under the 18+ banner, and will arrive on shelves in October 2021, so we won’t have to wait too long to discover the veracity of this rumour. Until then, treat it with caution.
Featured image: Shaun Greiner
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets04/03/2024LEGO Ideas Snow White designer feels ‘let down’ by the LEGO Group
- News04/03/2024LEGO teases ‘surprises’ for Mario Day 2024: ‘Something is coming’
- News04/03/2024LEGO Mario Day 2024 deals available now – double points, 40% off
- March 2024 sets03/03/2024LEGO Speed Champions 76921 Audi S1 e-tron quattro review