Still got a UCS Falcon-sized itch to scratch, but not the two grand necessary to do so with 10179? Hang tight – rumours of 2017’s second LEGO Star Wars UCS set suggest you may be able to do so for just under half that price very soon.
While word of a UCS Millennium Falcon remake has been doing the rounds for longer than any LEGO fan cares to remember, it’s only this year that the details have truly started to trickle in from some typically reliable sources, adding weight to the set’s existence finally coming to fruition in 2017.
Eurobricks member Stash2Sixx, whose sources provided details of the Star Wars summer line-up before they were revealed at the various toy fairs, states that the new version of the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs is due to land on shelves this October, with a price tag of anywhere between $600 and $800.
The model looks set to cover both Star Wars trilogies, original and sequel, with the accompanying minifigures rumoured to include Hoth Leia, Hoth Han Solo, Chewbacca, Finn, Rey, BB-8, old Han Solo and even a Mynock – the winged creature our heroes fought off in the mouth of the Exogorth space worm in The Empire Strikes Back.
The Brick Fan has corroborated some of this info too, so it might be time to start saving for October…
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets28/02/2024Before you buy: LEGO Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square
- News28/02/2024Here’s one great argument for LEGO stickers over prints
- News27/02/2024LEGO Pirates joins LEGO Fortnite in one of two new game modes
- Features27/02/2024Five surprising misses from the LEGO Star Wars 2024 line-up