A listing on the official US LEGO website has revealed an upcoming gift-with-purchase.
40596 Magic Maze has been officially revealed as a GWP on the way, featuring a brick-built puzzle game where you need to guide a marble through various obstacles. Different colours map out different biomes within the 332-piece set, ranging from a whale in the water to deserts and bee hives. Tilting the fully-built set to move the marble past buildable characters, including a ladybug and a sheep.
The US listing has the price listed as $29.99, but it will be available as a gift-with-purchase. There’s no word yet on a minimum price threshold or release date but we’d imagine the minimum spend will be quite high, considering the size and interactive scale of 40596 Magic Maze.
Domed elements on the side offer easy places to grip the set, with a shell-like space for the brick-built marbles to sit when the game is not in use. It’s certainly a fun build to see on the way, considering most GWPs are cute but small builds, often designed to sit alongside larger releases. 40596 Magic Maze, however, is a worthy set all on its own, with the possibility to continue playing with and using it long after you’ve stopped building.
[bdproduct search=’lego’ sort=’discount’ numberOfRecord=’4′ brand=” sliderMinValues=’0′ sliderMaxValues=’750′]
- I write about all the very best fandoms – and that means LEGO, of course. Spending so much time looking at and talking about LEGO sets is dangerous for my bank balance, but the LEGO shelves are thriving. You win some, you lose some.
- Best Deal09/12/2023Every LEGO Star Wars set in Barnes & Noble’s huge sale
- Features09/12/2023LEGO Fortnite dos and don’ts to master the new game mode
- News09/12/2023LEGO MASTERS 2024 will feature an allstars international competition
- Best Deal09/12/2023Save on new and retiring LEGO sets when you use this code at John Lewis