The one-off adventure looks to follow on from last year’s LEGO Star Wars Holiday Special in style, if not content. While details are thin on the ground at the moment, expect the same kind of humour and self-awareness that the Christmas-themed caper brought to the Star Wars universe in 2020.
We also don’t have much to go on as far as the story or characters are concerned, but the official Star Wars Twitter account has revealed a spooky poster for the special, featuring a lightsaber-wielding arm bursting out of a grave marked ‘rest in pieces’. Given the standard saber hilt and black arm, it’s safe to assume that’s Darth Vader rising from the dead.
It’s a pretty sinister poster for the LEGO Star Wars theme, but the final special will likely hew closer towards the light-hearted laughs that previous animated series and one-offs have gunned for. Keep an eye on Brick Fanatics for more on LEGO Star Wars Terrifying Tales – including the first trailer – in the months to come.
LEGO Star Wars Terrifying Tales will arrive exclusively on Disney+ on October 1, 2021.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed