A number of TT Games employees have left the studio over the past few months, including Head of Design Arthur Parsons. The veteran of video game development has worked on LEGO titles for 15 years, from 2006’s BIONICLE Heroes right through to LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga – which still doesn’t have a confirmed release date.
More developers are now starting to move on from both the project and its studio, however, including Jack Chapman – who left last month – and Alex Harkin, who announced earlier this week that he’s leaving TT Games after five years with the UK-based developer.
“Last week at TT games this week, truly the end of an era after spending my first five years in the industry there!” Alex tweeted. “Not to worry those waiting for LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, [it’s] in safe hands.”
While staff leaving LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga before the game has hit shelves could be cause for concern, it could also just suggest that the title has almost finished production. Alex’s tweet is also pretty reassuring, and a solid indicator that the game is still coming along as planned – even if it has taken much longer than originally anticipated.
Our next hope for news – outside a separate announcement from Warner Bros. and TT Games – lies with Gamescom, which takes place from August 25 to 27. At the moment, it looks unlikely that LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga will be present, but that could yet change.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- Latest09/12/2023Every LEGO Star Wars set retiring in 2024 and beyond – December update
- 2023 in review09/12/2023Brick Fanatics’ top 10 LEGO sets of 2023
- Best Deal09/12/2023Magical discount on the most recent LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle model
- Features08/12/2023Seven retiring LEGO sets to buy with double points (while you still can)