Amazon Spain’s first images of the 20th anniversary range have confirmed rumours published late last month, which suggested that each of the new sets will include randomly-distributed collectible wizard cards. From the artwork revealed earlier this morning, we now know that these ‘cards’ will actually arrive in the form of what looks to be printed 2×2 tiles.
As expected, they’ll bear a heavy resemblance to the in-universe wizard cards packed into Chocolate Frogs, but that’s basically all we know at the moment. The promo images for the sets – including 76389 Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets and 76388 Hogsmeade Village Visit – simply show question marks in place of character art, emphasising that you’ll receive a random selection in every set.
We also don’t know how many different tiles will be produced, but with six included in 76389 Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets and four in 76388 Hogsmeade Village Visit, it’s safe to say that there’ll likely be a pretty big variety. And just as it has with VIDIYO, their random distribution could therefore prove problematic for collectors hoping to catch ‘em all.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- Features08/12/2023Seven retiring LEGO sets to buy with double points (while you still can)
- Latest08/12/2023First look at new LEGO NINJAGO March 2024 set
- 2023 in review08/12/2023Brick Fanatics’ top 20 LEGO minifigures of 2023
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024