As standard, 76389 Hogwarts Chamber of Secrets positions Gilderoy Lockhart’s Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom above the slide down to the underground chamber. However, as Potterheads will know, the entrance is actually located in the second-floor girls’ bathroom.
That’s where 76383 Hogwarts Polyjuice Potion Mistake comes in. The dimensions of that room match those of the Defence Against the Dark Arts’ classroom’s perfectly – which means you can simply swap one out for the other, thanks in no small part to the modular construction employed across the 20th anniversary sets.
As you can see from the above image, 76387 Hogwarts Fluffy Encounter also combines with both sets, allowing you to place the now-superfluous Defence Against the Dark Arts Classroom underneath the third-floor corridor, creating a wider and expansive Hogwarts display.
Given the design of these sets doesn’t quite match the aesthetic of the likes of 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall and 75969 Hogwarts Astronomy Tower, however, you’re basically starting from scratch – unless you’re happy to modify your new 20th anniversary sets to fit with your existing Hogwarts collection, of course. (And it’s LEGO! Isn’t that the entire point?)
You’ll be able to pick up the full wave of interconnecting LEGO Harry Potter 20th anniversary sets through official LEGO channels (and selected retailers) from June 1. You can check out the complete range right here.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- Latest09/12/2023Every LEGO Star Wars set retiring in 2024 and beyond – December update
- 2023 in review09/12/2023Brick Fanatics’ top 10 LEGO sets of 2023
- Best Deal09/12/2023Magical discount on the most recent LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle model
- Features08/12/2023Seven retiring LEGO sets to buy with double points (while you still can)