Cinemagoers will finally get to go to infinity and beyond from tomorrow when Disney Pixar’s Lightyear hits the big screen.
We’ll soon find out all about the inspiration behind the iconic Toy Story character when Lightyear blasts onto cinema screens tomorrow. The latest Disney Pixar movie features Chris Evans as the voice of the title character, following in the footsteps of Tim Allen’s interpretation of the toy version of Buzz.
Director Angus MacLane recently revealed that he used LEGO pieces and elements to create various vehicles and spaceships in the movie and will be hosting a masterclass at LEGO CON 2022 this weekend. MacLane has also taken to social media to voice his suggestions for how the LEGO Lightyear theme could potentially continue beyond its initial set offerings.
For those of you wanting to go behind-the-scenes of the movie, Disney+ has you covered with an insightful new documentary. Beyond Infinity: Buzz and the Journey to Lightyear dropped last week on the streaming service and reveals everything you need to know about the film’s concept and creation.
- From video game journalism to kids’ publishing, I’ve been there, seen it, done it and worn the T-shirt. I was also the editor of the first-ever official LEGO magazine way back when, LEGO Adventures. I have a passion for movies, comic books, tech and video games, with a wallet that’s struggling to keep up with my LEGO set wish list.
- Best Deal25/02/2024Gotham’s finest: Save with the latest LEGO DC Batman deals at Amazon
- March 2024 sets25/02/2024LEGO Harry Potter sets could be based on new Max TV series
- News25/02/2024Bricks by the Bay LEGO convention ‘on indefinite hiatus’
- News25/02/2024Rumoured LEGO Star Wars: Skeleton Crew set may be a must-have model