The LEGO Group is launching the Summer range of LEGO Star Wars sets early in Malaysia – with the sets landing on shelves to coincide with May the Fourth, the day used to promote the Star Wars brand around the world.
“Malaysia has a huge Lego fan base,” said Lego Malaysia senior marketing manager Jacob Leighton Rennison at an event in Petaling Jaya to announce the plans. “As such, we have decided [to] launch the new Star Wars sets in the first week of May [here].”
It is set to be one of the most comprehensive LEGOLAND Star Wars days ever presented, including the following activities:
- Dancing Stormtrooper
- Star Wars March with costuming groups the 501st and Rebel Legion
- Free entry for all children in full Star Wars costume
- An interactive storytelling experience at LEGO Star Wars Miniland
- Jedi Academy training for children, with a special certificate
- A commemorative brick for those collect stamps throughout their visit
- Spot a Stormtrooper and Scavenger Hunt challenges
- Build a giant R2-D2 and build your Star Wars world activities
- Visitors will have daily photo opportunities with dancing Stormtroopers and other Star Wars characters including Lego Darth Vader, Jedi, and Princess Leia throughout the park.
The LEGO Star Wars Summer range includes anticipated sets such as 75180 Rathtar Escape and 75167 Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack.
The current range of LEGO Star Wars sets has 10% off at shop.LEGO.com with a free exclusive R2-D2 polybag with orders over £60.
Graham was the BrickFanatics.com Editor up until November 2020. He has plenty of experience working on LEGO related projects. He has contributed to various websites and publications on topics including niche hobbies, the toy industry and education.
Follw Graham on Twitter @grahamh100.