We’re still a little ways out from everyone’s favourite egg-themed holiday (why there aren’t more holidays geared around very specific foods, we’ll never know), but the LEGO Ideas team is already feeling egg-cited about the occasion.
That’s presumably why they’re already asking LEGO fans to come up with brick-built Easter eggs, a brief that – on paper – is a little trickier than the usual remit for LEGO Ideas activities. Recreating spherical objects in LEGO is no mean feat, so you might have to think outside the box for this one.
You’ve got until March 16 at 9am UK time to get your submission in. You can find out all the details – and see the entries so far – over on the activity page. There’s no prize for taking part, but it will hopefully get you in the mood for Easter when it eventually does roll around, and therefore ready to grab the two seasonal exclusives the LEGO Group has up its sleeve.
Last week’s LEGO Ideas activity called on budding inventors to build their dream inventions in bricks. You can check out all the entries here. Alternatively, cycle back to the end of February, when the Ideas team asked for builds to celebrate International Women’s Day, which just so happens to be today.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- Features08/12/2023Seven retiring LEGO sets to buy with double points (while you still can)
- Latest08/12/2023First look at new LEGO NINJAGO March 2024 set
- 2023 in review08/12/2023Brick Fanatics’ top 20 LEGO minifigures of 2023
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024