TT Games’ saga-spanning sequel debuted on April 5, and immediately shot to the top of the UK’s physical and digital sales charts – where it clung on for a second week despite a 70% drop in physical sales. It’s since racked up a total 5 million players, cementing its status as the second-biggest video game launch of 2022 (behind only Elden Ring).
But there are clearly still plenty of gamers out there who haven’t yet tackled the long-delayed – and hugely ambitious – title, because three months and change later, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is back at number one in the UK physical sales charts.
There are a couple of factors at play here. First, it’s a pretty barren period for AAA games – as it ever was in summer – which means no new titles were staking a claim to any of the chart’s top 40 positions. That paved the way for The Skywalker Saga to race back up the podium, taking the trophy from F1 22, but TT Games actually has Amazon to thank for its renewed success.
That’s because the retail giant slashed the price of LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga during its recent Prime Day event, giving gamers the chance to dive into a plastic galaxy far, far away for less. The sale has clearly been a major driving factor in this week’s chart, which has also seen a resurgence of 2021 titles including Far Cry 6 and Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla.
It seems likely that LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga will therefore drop back down the rankings as quickly as it’s risen up them – but there are still no AAA releases on the horizon, so it’s anyone’s guess what could replace it…
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO using our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed