Argos has unveiled its annual Christmas toy list, naming the 12 top toys for this year’s holiday season – and it features two LEGO sets.
Both LEGO Technic 42115 Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 (review) and Super Mario 71360 Adventures with Mario Starter Course (review) make the Argos top 12 toys for Christmas list, giving LEGO products a good showing on the shortlist.
The Lamborghini is the latest supercar from the ultimate technical theme, while 71360 is required if fans want to get any of the other Super Mario sets in the range.
“With so much time spent inside during lockdown, the nation has rekindled its love for toys, turning to them now more than ever to keep themselves entertained during what has been a difficult time for many,” says Argos Head of Toy Buying Juliet Ward. “This year’s top toys list offers a huge variety of new products, ranging from toys inspired by the biggest TV and gaming franchises to bizarre – but crucially, fun – pooping animals.
“When we craft the list of our top toy predictions for the year, we always try to accurately gauge the ‘toy crazes’ that are set to make thousands of wish lists. This year it’s heartening to see so many toys that will encourage families to spend time together, whether that’s putting together a LEGO Lamborghini or reminiscing over the Mario games of the 80s and 90s.”
- LEGO Technic 42115 Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 – £350 (LEGO)
- L.O.L Surprise! OMG Fashion Dolls Series 3 – £32 (MGA Entertainment)
- LEGO Super Mario 71360 Adventures with Mario Starter Course (LEGO)
- Poopsie Dancing Unicorn – £50 (MGA Entertainment)
- The Child Animatronic Edition – £45 (Hasbro)
- Paw Patrol Dino Rescue Dino Patroller – £65 (Spin Master)
- Little Live Pets Gotta Go Flamingo – £33 (Character Options)
- Fisher-Price Rollin’ Rovee – £60 (Mattel)
- Design A Friend Sienna Doll – £35 (Kid Kreation)
- Kidizoom Studio – £60 (VTech)
- Hatchimals Pixies Crystal Flyers – £30 (Spin Master)
- Laser Battle Hunters – £60 (Character Options)