hile some LEGO models require thousands of pieces, anyone can make an impressive replica with fewer than 10 bricks, a dash of creativity, and the latest book from No Starch Press.
Hailed as the “new LEGO bible” by VICE, Tiny LEGO Wonders(No Starch Press, $24.95, 208 pp., July 2016) is a collection of step-by-step building instructions for 40 compact yet realistic miniscale models—each built with fewer than a few hundred bricks. Packed with stunning models of engineering feats like a muscle car, a fire engine, a Swiss locomotive, and wooden ships, Tiny LEGO Wonders teaches readers how to make the most of their LEGO collection, no matter its size.
The pint-sized models in Tiny LEGO Wonders include:
- A space shuttle and crawler-transporter
- Emergency vehicles like choppers, police cars, and fire trucks
- A cruise ship, freighter, and wooden ships
- An Airbus A380, F-15 Eagle, and V-22 Osprey
- Flatbed trucks and cement mixers
- Race cars like the McLaren F1 and Ferrari F1
- A fleet of sci-fi military vehicles
- Bullet trains like France’s high-speed TGV train
According to No Starch Press founder Bill Pollock, “Miniscale building has fascinated me since I watched a friend build an airport from a cupful of LEGO bricks. Tiny LEGO Wonders finally makes miniscale building make sense.”
Tiny LEGO Wonders will be available online and in fine bookstores everywhere this July.