News about the highly-anticipated game continues to trickle out as we approach launch day, which is now less than two weeks away. Earlier today, TT Games confirmed that the saga-spanning sequel won’t include character customisation – a hallmark of LEGO video games since 2006 – while a brand new trailer is set to debut at the Future Games Show in just a few hours’ time.
Now, Ashnflash reports that the game’s cast will also feature plenty of familiar voices, with several actors reprising their roles as key characters. According to the YouTuber, those will include recognisable names from across the movies and animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, such as:
Matt Lanter (Anakin Skywalker)
James Arnold-Taylor (Obi-Wan Kenobi)
Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
Sam Witwer (Darth Maul, Emperor Palpatine)
Tom Kane (Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda)
Corey Burton (Count Dooku)
Matthew Wood (Battle Droids)
Ashnflash also claims that the game won’t be lifting any dialogue from the movies at all, and instead uses newly-recorded audio for the entirety of its script. We’ll likely have to wait until we’ve got the game in hand to find out for certain, though.
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO (and LEGO video games!) using our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- Latest09/12/2023Every LEGO Star Wars set retiring in 2024 and beyond – December update
- 2023 in review09/12/2023Brick Fanatics’ top 10 LEGO sets of 2023
- Best Deal09/12/2023Magical discount on the most recent LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle model
- Features08/12/2023Seven retiring LEGO sets to buy with double points (while you still can)