The Master of the Mountain subtheme’s antagonist was previously only available in 71721 Skull Sorcerer’s Dragon and 71722 Skull Sorcerer’s Dungeons, which are priced at £74.99 and £89.99 respectively. But thanks to the latest issue of the LEGO NINJAGO magazine, this imposing bad guy can be yours for just £3.99.
That’s the cover price on Issue 74, which is available now at all good supermarkets and newsagents. Bear in mind, though, that this isn’t a totally identical version of the Skull Sorcerer as he appears in 2020’s summer wave of NINJAGO sets.
The majority of the minifigure is present and correct, but he’s missing two important elements: namely his wings, which add dramatic depth to the character in those larger sets. He’s still pretty cool without them, but you’ll probably want to snap up a couple of spares from BrickLink if you don’t have any in your collection to hand – just don’t forget the translucent neck bracket, too.
The Skull Sorcerer’s luminous skull accessory has also been replaced by a basic staff with a torch on the end. That technically makes this the Staff Sorcerer, which sounds a bit like if your HR representative started practicing witchcraft. In this case, the original element is a little harder to come by – it’s exclusive to 71721 and 71722 – but it’s still relatively cheap to pick up on BrickLink.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed