First released in 2012, the LEGO Harry Potter Character Encyclopedia is now starting to show its age, with numerous new characters and updated minifigure designs added to the theme since then. Fortunately, DK Books has Wizarding World fans covered with a new title that’s set to arrive next year.
The LEGO Harry Potter Character Encyclopedia: New Edition will be published on July 4, 2023, and will include more than 200 minifigure entries. The 200-page ‘ultimate handbook’ is written by author Elizabeth Dowsett, who is herself no stranger to the world of brick-based publishing. Dowsett has previously drafted LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary, LEGO DC Character Encyclopedia, LEGO Harry Potter: Building the Magical World and more titles.
Of particular interest to fans and collectors is the inclusion of an exclusive minifigure with the book, although the identity of exactly which character it may be is a mystery for now. Officially licensed LEGO books are often packaged with unique minifigures and models, making them desirable purchases for many younger builders and those looking to keep their magical character collections up to date.
LEGO Harry Potter Character Encyclopedia: New Edition will be published by DK Books on July 4, 2023.
- From video game journalism to kids’ publishing, I’ve been there, seen it, done it and worn the T-shirt. I was also the editor of the first-ever official LEGO magazine way back when, LEGO Adventures. I have a passion for movies, comic books, tech and video games, with a wallet that’s struggling to keep up with my LEGO set wish list.
- News03/12/2023LEGO Fortnite confirmed to include over 1,200 minifigure outfits
- Best Deal03/12/2023Huge early discount on brand new LEGO Disney set
- News03/12/2023Five LEGO Classic sets revealed and confirmed for 2024
- January 2024 sets02/12/2023Official details for three LEGO Monkie Kid 2024 models revealed