The LEGO Group’s LEGO VIDIYO video (try saying that five times fast) sheds a little more light on how the new collaboration with Universal Music Group will play out, combining physical LEGO sets with a digital app using augmented reality technology.
The clip walks through the process of shooting your own music videos using the LEGO VIDIYO sets, which will include colourful minifigures and a range of printed 2×2 tiles, known as BeatBits. Scanning those pieces will allow you to add digital and audio effects to your videos.
As you’ll see from the video, the app’s augmented reality function will also allow you to scan your environment to create a virtual stage, offering practically limitless possibilities for the backdrop to your music video.
The first LEGO VIDIYO products have yet to be revealed, but they’re apparently due to launch on March 1. The initial roster of artists includes Marshmello, Mabel and more, with a mix of classic and contemporary bands and musicians on the cards for the full launch. Stay tuned for more on the upcoming theme as we get it.
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO through any one of our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed