The first episode in the show’s two-part finale will air tomorrow, before the first season wraps up next week. That won’t be the end of the road for Tech, Echo, Hunter and Wrecker, though, as Disney has now confirmed that The Bad Batch will be back on screens in 2022 for a second season.
We’ve only had one LEGO set based on the Clone Wars spin-off so far, 75314 The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle (review), and its inclusion of all five members of the eponymous squad suggested that we probably wouldn’t be getting any more.
But with so many cameos spread across the show’s first season – and the omission from 75314 of new character Omega – there’s clearly plenty of potential for follow-up sets, and that’s before we even get to anything that might happen in the second season.
The fact it’s coming back at all also shows Disney doesn’t consider it a one-and-done series, and in turn hopefully increases the chances of subsequent LEGO sets based on The Bad Batch. We’re keeping everything crossed.
Season 2 of The Bad Batch will continue to air exclusively on Disney+. 75314 The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle is available to order now.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed