Designed to marry the iconic Adidas Superstar aesthetic with the classic LEGO stud pattern, the sneakers are arguably the closest pairing yet between the two brands. Where previous LEGO x Adidas shoes have mostly been fairly subtle in recreating the LEGO brick shape (if not in colour), the Adidas Originals LEGO Superstar sneaker goes one step further in emulating the texture of the plastic pieces.
That’s most obvious towards the front of the shoe, where a blocky mass of studs sits atop the Superstar’s famous rubberised shell toe. But you can also see it in the serrated triple stripe that runs down the side of the classic white and black leather design, and even around the heel tab, which is also covered in those iconic studs.
You’ll be able to pick up variants of the shoe in both adults’ and kids’ sizes, with more options and colourways available for younger fans. Just like the brick-built model, the Adidas Originals LEGO Superstar sneaker will launch on July 1, through official LEGO and Adidas channels and select third-party retailers.
A single pair will set you back €140 in adult sizes, or between €55 and €75 in kids’ sizes. International pricing has not been provided at the time of writing, but based on previous LEGO x Adidas shoes, you can expect an adult pair to ring in around the £110 mark in the UK.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed