The line-up of the predicted top-sellers this Christmas was released earlier this week by The Toy Retailers Association (TRA), which is promising ‘a vintage year’ for toys. As expected LEGO appears in the list as well as dominating the construction catergory.
Largely thanks to the return of Star Wars and Thunderbirds this year promises to be a classic for both young and old I personally love the new Tracey Island. Although the picks for LEGO are some what of a shock, not the two sets I would have picked personally.
The top 12 must-have toys for Christmas 2015.
- LEGO City Deep Sea Exploration Vessel
- Disney Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa
- IDO3D Deluxe 3D Design Studio
- Little Live Pets Cleverkeet
- Paw Patrol Paw Patroller
- Pie Face Game
- Shopkins Food Fair – Scoops Ice Cream Truck
- Star Wars Bladebuilder Jedi Master Lightsaber
- Star Wars Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle
- Star Wars The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon
- Thunderbirds – Interactive Tracy Island Playset
- Toot-Toot Friends Busy Sounds Discovery Home
Gary Grant, chairman of the TRA’s DreamToys committee, promised: ‘2015 is going to be a vintage year for toys.
“Strong entertainment brands like Frozen, Thunderbirds and Star Wars are appearing alongside creative brands like Little Live Pets and classic evergreens such as LEGO, ever more stimulating playsets for under fives such as Toot-Toot or Paw Patrol and family games like Pie Face“.
He added: ‘While the blockbuster licences may steal the headlines, it is exciting to see innovation throughout the list with manufacturers successfully combining this with traditional play in, for example, the IDO3D craft set, and Shopkins has become the new craze of the year, embracing all that is good about toys.’
News via Metro