Last November, the TRON: Legacy project was confirmed as the next LEGO Ideas build that would become an official release. After teasing it on social media, the LEGO Group has officially announced 21314 TRON:Legacy and provided a whole bunch of images.
The set builds two lightcycles and a display base, with three movie authentic minifigures included. Priced at £29.99 , the model comprises of 230 pieces. TRON: Legacy was released in 2010, a sequel to the cult sci-fi classic, TRON. While it opened to mixed reviews, the movie was praised for its visual effects, unique aesthetic and Daft Punk soundtrack.
Brothers Drew and Tom designed the original Ideas submission. “We went through several models before settling on a design we both liked. We wanted to get the scale of the Light Cycle to minifigure right, and the overall colour scheme had to reflect the Tron feel,” they explained.
Here is the image gallery and official product description:
Build, play and display with this futuristic LEGO® Ideas 21314 TRON: Legacy set from Disney, featuring 2 Light Cycles, each with minifigure seats and translucent-colored light-style elements, plus a divisible TRON grid with attachment points for the vehicles. Use the grid as a display base for the Light Cycles or split it in 2 to recreate the chase scene from Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie. Alternatively, stage an Identity Disc battle between the 3 included LEGO minifigures—Sam Flynn, Quorra and Rinzler—on the grid. This construction toy includes a booklet with information about its fan creator and LEGO designers, plus the lowdown on Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie and its main characters.
• Includes 3 LEGO® minifigures: Sam Flynn, Quorra and Rinzler.
• Features 2 buildable Light Cycles for Sam Flynn and Rinzler, and a TRON grid/display base.
• Sam Flynn’s Light Cycle features a minifigure seat, authentic features and assorted translucent-blue light-style elements, including power stream effects.
• Rinzler’s Light Cycle features a minifigure seat, authentic features and assorted translucent-orange light-style elements, including power stream effects.
• TRON grid/display base features 2 detachable parts, attachment points for the 2 Light Cycles and translucent-blue elements.
• Divide the grid to recreate the Light Cycle chase scene from Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie, or use it to role-play the disc battle scene with the minifigures.
• Includes Quorra’s sword.
• Accessory elements include Sam Flynn and Quorra’s blue Identity Discs, and Rinzler’s 2 orange Identity Discs. Attached to the back of each minifigure.
• This construction toy includes a booklet with building instructions, information about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designers, and the lowdown on Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie and its main characters.
• Each Light Cycle measures over 1″ (5cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
• TRON grid/display base measures over 8” (22cm) wide and 3” (9cm) deep.
This new Disney licensed set follows closely behind the recently released 21313 Ship in a Bottle. A special launch event will be held at the LEGO Store Leicester Square, London. Customers will be able to buy the new set two days ahead of its official released on March 29 and get the box signed by the project originators, BrickBrosUK.