Evidence of a Venom bust has been stacking up for a while, but Lucky Bricks has now given us our first official look at this year’s second 18+ Marvel model, which follows fairly definitively in the footsteps of the already-revealed Carnage bust.
In fact, aside from Venom’s protruding tongue, the only real difference we can spot between these two models is the colour scheme. (That must have been a pretty easy assignment for one designer.) And that means they both come in at relatively similar piece counts: 76187 Venom has 565 bricks, while 76199 Carnage includes 546 elements.
You can also expect their price tags to match – at least in Europe, where you’ll need to part with €59.99 to pick up either symbiote. If the same holds true worldwide, 76187 Venom should retail for £54.99 and $59.99 in the UK and US respectively.
There’s no word yet on when 76187 Venom will arrive at LEGO.com, but a safe bet would be May, in line with 76199 Carnage. The box art for both sets bills them as ‘assembled from the Spider-Man universe’, a phrase which here means ‘inspired by Venom: Let There Be Carnage’, Andy Serkis’s supervillain sequel that’s due to debut in September.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- News28/11/2023You won’t find a LEGO collection more unique (or obscure) than this
- 21344 Orient Express28/11/2023LEGO says Orient Express’s fan designer was ‘very happy’ with the finished product
- News27/11/2023Last chance for LEGO Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, discounts and giveaways
- News27/11/2023LEGO Cyber Monday sale includes new and retiring Star Wars and Icons sets