Retroactively branded as such with the launch of the SP3, the Ultimate Car collection so far consists of four sets: 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS, 42083 Bugatti Chiron, 42115 Lamborghini Sián FKP 37 and 42143 Ferrari Daytona SP3, all at 1:8 scale. That should allow them to sit nicely next to one another for a mighty shelf of supercars – but how do they actually stack up in real life?
That’s the question answered in a new video from LEGO YouTuber Bricksie, who’s lined up all four cars next to one another to compare them and see how well they display together. The most immediately striking thing you’ll notice from all four is how complementary their colour schemes are, each offering a different – but equally vibrant – hue. (Presumably the next one will be yellow.)
Before you even open the box, though, 42143 Ferrari Daytona SP3 has already diverged from its predecessors in its packaging: the box is shorter but deeper, packing in an eye-watering 3,778 pieces – the most of any LEGO Technic Ultimate Car to date. Its contents are also laid out vertically rather than horizontally, again distinguishing it from the rest of the line-up.
Out of the box and built up, the four cars are all a relatively similar size – so if you already own any of the first three, you should have a good idea of what lies ahead in 42143 Ferrari Daytona SP3. Bricksie also touches on the functions between the four cars, including suspension, working gears, steering and engines with moving pistons.
42143 Ferrari Daytona SP3 launches June 1 for £349.99 / $399.99 / €399.99. You can check out our verdict on the complex and challenging build by clicking here.
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO using our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets04/03/2024LEGO Ideas Snow White designer feels ‘let down’ by the LEGO Group
- News04/03/2024LEGO teases ‘surprises’ for Mario Day 2024: ‘Something is coming’
- News04/03/2024LEGO Mario Day 2024 deals available now – double points, 40% off
- March 2024 sets03/03/2024LEGO Speed Champions 76921 Audi S1 e-tron quattro review