Word of the first Ultimate Collector Series version of the vehicle – which has become a meme among the LEGO community for how often it’s revisited at minifigure scale – arrived online earlier this week, and Promobricks has now published additional details on 75341 Luke’s Landspeeder.
For instance, the set will apparently use a brand new windshield element, in lieu of any suitable pieces from the current part library (a problem many fan designers will be familiar with). And it will also reportedly take its cues from recent minifigure-scale sets, like 2020’s 75271 Luke Skywalker’s Landspeeder, by using nougat as its primary colour (rather than the tan base of 1999’s classic 7110 Landspeeder).
Like nearly every UCS set, 75341 Luke’s Landspeeder is said to sit on a black, brick-built display stand, accompanied by a stickered information plaque. But where sets such as last year’s 75275 A-wing Starfighter – which Promobricks says is comparable in size to the new Landspeeder – have angled stands to display their sets in flight, the speeder’s will apparently sit straight.
That’s all on top of original reports that the set will launch on May 1, 2022 for €199.99, and come with minifigures of Luke Skywalker and C-3PO. Take it all lightly for now, but Promobricks does tend to have a pretty strong record where rumours are concerned.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed