Next year is set to be another massive 12 months for LEGO NINJAGO. There are new sets, books, villains, at least 12 episodes of the animated TV show and a five-issue comic book series from Skybound Entertainment all being released. In addition, the first wave of LEGO NINJAGO 2022 sets due out January 1 all feature a new style of artwork that we’ve not seen before.
Previous LEGO NINJAGO set packaging and manuals have featured a more traditional art style for the characters, but the 2022 range is trying something a little more dynamic. As can be seen on the packaging for the first wave of LEGO NINJAGO sets that have been revealed (and the upcoming polybags), the LEGO Group has decided to combine its usual high-quality photography with hand-drawn comic style illustrations.
This is a great way of showcasing the action, abilities and speed of the characters and vehicles, plus it also offers a unique contrast between what’s actually included with each set and the kind of play scenarios younger fans could have with them.
We’re impressed with the new-look packaging and can’t wait to get our hands on the upcoming LEGO NINJAGO 2022 range when sets start to arrive from January 1.
- From video game journalism to kids’ publishing, I’ve been there, seen it, done it and worn the T-shirt. I was also the editor of the first-ever official LEGO magazine way back when, LEGO Adventures. I have a passion for movies, comic books, tech and video games, with a wallet that’s struggling to keep up with my LEGO set wish list.
- News03/12/2023LEGO Fortnite confirmed to include over 1,200 minifigure outfits
- Best Deal03/12/2023Huge early discount on brand new LEGO Disney set
- News03/12/2023Five LEGO Classic sets revealed and confirmed for 2024
- January 2024 sets02/12/2023Official details for three LEGO Monkie Kid 2024 models revealed