Instagram user brick_clicker reports that 21333 Vincent van Gogh: A Starry Night will launch in either May or June, which means we may be able to get our hands on it roughly five weeks from today. The three-dimensional interpretation of the classic artwork would then be our third LEGO Ideas set of 2022, following 21331 Sonic the Hedgehog – Green Hill Zone and 21332 The Globe.
With so many LEGO Ideas projects currently in production, it’s not too surprising to see the release schedule ramp up in tandem. And going by the order in which those projects were given the green light – Cheng’s colourful build was originally approved in the second 2020 review – it also makes sense that Vincent van Gogh: A Starry Night (if that is its final product name) will be the next to debut.
According to brick_clicker, the 41st LEGO Ideas set will retail for $159.99 in the US, while their mock-up of the box art suggests it’ll contain 1,883 pieces. Whether that’s a placeholder at this stage is less certain, but it would be a pretty reasonable part count for the price, where that metric still matters (and it’s increasingly less relevant these days).
Remember, while we know that Cheng’s project will hit shelves eventually, details including the set’s product number, price and piece count should all be taken with a pinch of salt – at least until officially confirmed by the LEGO Group. The latest LEGO Ideas set, 21332 The Globe, is available to buy now. Check out our review here.
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO using our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- Features08/12/2023Seven retiring LEGO sets to buy with double points (while you still can)
- March 2024 sets08/12/2023First look at new LEGO NINJAGO March 2024 set
- 2023 in review08/12/2023Brick Fanatics’ top 20 LEGO minifigures of 2023
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024