The second series of LEGO VIDIYO’s blind-boxed Bandmates introduces 12 new colourful characters to the augmented-reality theme, including a Zombie Dancer and a Dragon Guitarist.
While the newly-revealed BeatBoxes and stage sets will all launch on June 1, 43108 Bandmates won’t arrive on shelves until October 1. That gives both our bank accounts and the first series – which only debuted last month – a little more breathing room. And it’s gratefully received, because some of the minifigures in this series look miles ahead of the first batch.
The premise is pretty much the same – vibrant, colourful characters that mash up musical tropes in creative genre combos, from horror and sci-fi to animals and western – but the execution looks like a significant improvement over 43101 Bandmates, even if not in the accessories (which are still mostly basic recolours of existing elements).
Immediate stand-outs are the Vampire Bassist’s two-toned hairpiece, the Slime Singer’s Flubber-like head and the Dragon Guitarist’s cool blue cranium, all of which will likely make these very desirable minifigures. Unfortunately, the blind-boxed nature of the VIDIYO Bandmates means you’ll be buying completely at random, so there’s no way to pick out just the best of the bunch.
Here’s the full line-up of characters included in 43108 Bandmates:
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets04/03/2024LEGO Ideas Snow White designer feels ‘let down’ by the LEGO Group
- News04/03/2024LEGO teases ‘surprises’ for Mario Day 2024: ‘Something is coming’
- News04/03/2024LEGO Mario Day 2024 deals available now – double points, 40% off
- March 2024 sets03/03/2024LEGO Speed Champions 76921 Audi S1 e-tron quattro review