We’ve already seen 40493 Spider & Haunted House Pack courtesy of the company’s building instructions service, although this is the first time we’ve seen the two buildable ornaments in situ (and it looks like the LEGO Group genuinely is trying to make Halloween trees a thing).
As expected, 40497 Halloween Owl is a buildable character placed atop a pedestal, matching earlier 2021 seasonal sets like 40462 Valentine’s Brown Bear and 40463 Easter Bunny. There’s a handful of pumpkins scattered around for a suitably spooky setting, and the bird’s angry expression looks vaguely intimidating. So, all in all, a successful Halloween set.
You’ll be able to pick up both pocket money-priced models on August 1 from LEGO.com and in LEGO Stores. 40493 Spider & Haunted House Pack – which includes a clear homage to the much-loved 10228 Haunted House – is comprised of 132 pieces and will retail for £8.99 / $9.99 / €9.99, while 40497 Halloween Owl includes 228 pieces for £13.49 / $14.99 / €14.99.
Both 40462 Valentine’s Brown Bear and 40463 Easter Bunny are still available at LEGO.com, so there’s a good chance at least 40497 Halloween Owl will be around come October 31. But waiting on seasonal sets is always a gamble, so best take the plunge soon if you’re keen on these.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed