Eurobricks user Flixter claims that a second LEGO Marvel Collectible Minifigures series will arrive in 2022, potentially explaining previous rumours of four blind-bagged series coming next year (one more than the usual three).
The information apparently comes from the same source that first spilled word on the now-revealed Overwatch 2 set earlier this year, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s reliable. In fact, you should probably take this one with an even bigger grain of salt (Flixter literally says ‘oceans’ of salt) than usual.
Still, given the solid reception to 71031 Marvel Studios’ 12 Disney+ characters – which pulled from What If…?, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki and WandaVision – we wouldn’t be totally surprised to see the LEGO Group quickly pump out a follow-up series.
Whether that series will also concentrate on the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s streaming shows is currently unknown, but there’s no lack of material: Hawkeye has just finished airing, while Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, She-Hulk and What If…? Season 2 are all set to debut across 2022.
Otherwise, a potential second Marvel series could focus on either the wider MCU (including movies such as Spider-Man: No Way Home, from which we’re missing several key characters), or even plant itself squarely in the franchise’s comic book roots.
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO using our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- Features08/12/2023Seven retiring LEGO sets to buy with double points (while you still can)
- Latest08/12/2023First look at new LEGO NINJAGO March 2024 set
- 2023 in review08/12/2023Brick Fanatics’ top 20 LEGO minifigures of 2023
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024