We’ve known since August 2021 that the animated Clone Wars spin-off series would be returning to Disney+ this year, but this is our first glimpse at what to expect from the show’s second season. Revealed at Star Wars Celebration, the trailer features – of course – Clone Force 99, along with Omega, Captain Rex and Crosshair.
Surprisingly, the footage also reveals a number of returning characters from across Star Wars canon, from iconic figures like Emperor Palpatine to fan-favourite Commander Cody, and even obscurities like Gungi, a Wookiee Jedi youngling who first appeared in The Clone Wars. Hit play on the video below to check out the trailer in full.
We’ve only had one LEGO set based on The Bad Batch so far, in the form of last year’s 75314 The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle. That model includes all five members of Clone Force 99 (including ally-turned-foe Crosshair) – but omits Omega, who’s instead said to be coming in this summer’s rumoured 75323 The Justifier, based on bounty hunter Cad Bane’s ship from the show’s first season.
That we’re already said to be getting another Bad Batch set shows promise for future waves anchored around Season 2, and means we could be seeing another Commander Cody minifigure in our future. That’s in addition to the one already rumoured to be arriving alongside an AT-TE in the LEGO Star Wars summer 2022 wave, of course. Like buses: you wait ages for one…
75314 The Bad Batch Attack Shuttle is still available at LEGO.com, but no more Bad Batch sets have been confirmed by the LEGO Group at this stage, so take all rumours lightly for now. That said, Star Wars Celebration did bring us our first glimpse of what’s likely to be a future Omega minifigure…
Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 2 will arrive on Disney+ this autumn.
Featured image: Star Wars
Support the work that Brick Fanatics does by purchasing your LEGO using our affiliate links.
- I like to think of myself as a journalist first, LEGO fan second, but we all know that’s not really the case. Journalism does run through my veins, though, like some kind of weird literary blood – the sort that will no doubt one day lead to a stress-induced heart malfunction. It’s like smoking, only worse. Thankfully, I get to write about LEGO until then.
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO confirms Speed Champions price rises for 2024
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Harry Potter 2024 UK set prices confirmed
- January 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Marvel 76285 Spider-Man’s Mask available to pre-order now, pricing confirmed
- March 2024 sets01/12/2023LEGO Spidey and His Amazing Friends 2024 sets revealed